Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5th... missed a day

I missed yesterday's opportunity to share something about my life.... I'm reading Farley Mowat's Never Cry Wolf (again), laughing out loud (again) at his rye and ribald humor. I am struck, too, with new awareness, that he is speaking of himself as a very young man, from the lifestage of being an older man. How much can we see -- and understand -- when we look back at our lives? I guess that is part of what I want to do this year.

Today, however, and right now, I look forward: another chick is leaving the nest ---- with my car. She's got riders to share the price of gas, and doesn't even know them except as email communiques. She's going to three big cities in the state, to re-connect with friends who are, as my BFF is for me, both mirrors and cheering squads. I can't worry about the chick: what will happen, will happen; chances are that nothing will happen other than a dose of self-confidance. So, instead I'll worry a little bit about my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment